11.17.2010

About A Year Ago This Happened!

 Last year when I found out I was pregnant, it was my little secret for a couple of weeks. Marc was in Europe for a business trip and I needed to tell him first, obviously. So I tried to think of the best way to tell him that he was going to be a Daddy! I decided to take a digital test and give it to him as a gift when he returned home. I was so excited (and a little nervous), I'm surprised I didn't spill the news as soon as I saw him at the airport. He said that he bought me a few things in London (ooh my favorite city!) and he would give them to me later. This was great, and I thought it would be my excuse to give him his gift.


So, as soon as we got home I insisted that we do gifts. I told him that I had something for him too. He said "Can't we do it later? I'm pretty tired and hungry." "No! I insist that we do it now!" He thought I really wanted his present (which I did and it was lovely) when really, I just didn't think I could hold such life changing news any longer!


Here is a video of his reaction. It is so sweet, please forgive the quality. It was my first time using the video option on my 3GS last year. He asks where I bought his gift and I reply "Oh... I made it", it was the only thing I could think of to say that didn't give it away and I was "making it" (you know with God's help). At the end he says, "Yay! We're having a baby!"  



Surprise Package! from Mary Lou Fulson on Vimeo.

1 comment: